Saturday, April 4, 2009

Pence rejected as speaker for Indy TeaParty

Being a fan of Mike Pence, and also a fan of the TeaParty Protests, I wondered if Pence was supporting/attending one. After leaving such a note on Pence's Facebook page, a supporter of his named Meredith sent me a note saying that he has been turned down from addressing the Indianapolis rally. I am is still waiting for a response from the rally organisers themselves to my email:

Dear sir,Thank you for taking the time to organize this outlet for Americans to
voice their frustrations with out out-of-control government. I myself hope to
attend the event up here in Elkhart. It has come to my attention that when he
offered, Rep. Mike Pence was denied the opportunity to address the crowd in Indy
because "that's not what this is about."

The event should not be about parties or specific elected officials. However, at some point this movement must have a goal besides opposition. We know what we do not want, but what shall we replace it with? I believe that as an individual, aside from parties and electioneering, Mike Pence is an excellent example by which to contrast those we oppose. He is one of the few politicians that I have seen to actually *believe* in the root sentiments of this movement, and I believe excluding him from the main event of this movement in our state is a huge mistake.

Regardless, I hope your event will be a success.

Good Luck and God bless.

I was listening to talk radio this morning, where complaints about lacking conservative recruiting and involvement were answered with "These protests are bringing [recruits] out of the woodwork." Hopefully we will come to the point of embracing these people that stand for something rather than clinging to a wandering mob mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment